My Portfolio 2017-12-29

Market has a good year in 2017. S&P 500 +19.5%, Dow Jones +25.2%, Nasdaq +28.3%.

I have made lots of changes in my portfolio: mainly reduced the weight of Retailers and increased Finance and Tech.

Long-term

Still Holding:

AXP, BIVV, COP, CPTA, COST, DIS, GILD, GPS, HD, IBM, M, SBUX

Exited:

KR (sold before the recent run, too bad)

MAT (glad I exited with some profit, it is in bad shape now)

NKE (concerns over the weakness in North America, wait for the correction to buy back)

O (replaced by other REITs)

UAL (was afraid of the bad weather)

Added:

BIDU: their AI effects, including self-driving cars, will be paid fat with the government supports.

C & FRC (First Republican Bank): banks will do well in 2018.

CELG: despite the recent headwinds, it is still growing fast and generating a lot of cash.

CVS: I think the recent weakness is a buy.

FB: it is still growing fast and dominating social network. I prefer FB over TWTR or SNAP.

GE: I bought too early, will wait for the turn-around.

LIT: electric cars, baby. I have discussed the lithium investment in another post (link HERE).

MAA & OHI: replacing O in my portfolio.

MOMO: it is a cash cow, meeting the trend of millennials.

WDC: I have listed my reasons in the other post (link HERE).

Short-term

Still Holding (deeply underwater):

LC, RUBI, TIS

Added:

QD: for day-trade or ultra-short term

SQ: could be a long-term holding,

TELL: this is a speculative play

UNG: This winter will be cold, targeting $6.4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wanna Retire Early, Start Planning Now!

Impacts of Tax Reform --- My First Thoughts

Market 2018-02-05 (WOW.... Bloody)

US Treasuries and Yields

Market 2018-02-06 (XIV, MU, MOH, and more)