Market 2017-10-09

It is Columbus day. Market is taking a rest as well. Indexes all finished slightly red. Tech section is still leading the market.

GE -4%. JPM predicts a dividend cut. I would like to see it @ $22.

Barclays warns grocery stores on the impact Amazon ---- quite late call... Nevertheless, KR, COST, TGT, SFM all in red.

AIG (-0.8%) sees Q3 pretax catastrophe losses net of reinsurance of $2.9B-$3.1B, or $1.9B-$2B after-tax. Roughly $1B each of those losses are from Hurricane's Harvey and Irma, and the rest from Hurricane Maria and the Mexico earthquakes.

Box office is not doing well, again. However, Disney will release the new trailer of Star Wars (mid-Dec) tonight. Long DIS.

Natural gas (UNG) is new low --- still in down trend due to warm weather.

My Trades Today

Increase COST by 80%. I called $154 right after the earning. My new holdings average price is $155.

Increase M by 10%. I see $20 as a support.

Initiate ESRX @ $59.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wanna Retire Early, Start Planning Now!

Impacts of Tax Reform --- My First Thoughts

Market 2018-02-05 (WOW.... Bloody)

US Treasuries and Yields

Market 2018-02-06 (XIV, MU, MOH, and more)